Claimed by Columbus for Spain in 1493 and now one of the most beautiful parts of America, Puerto Rico has often been described as everything from “heaven” to “pretty much heaven.” With picturesque beaches, warm weather year-round, and what appears to be an infinite amount of coconuts, we can confirm it lies somewhere in that range.
- Try those aforementioned fresh coconuts. Open it yourself and it makes it that much better, just don’t hurt yourself…
- Make sure to visit El Yunque – the only tropical rain forest in the United States National Forest System, full of waterfalls and jungle like flora.
- Check out the hidden beaches on the smaller islands (just don’t bring too many people).
- Check-out the bioluminescent bay in Vieques. A real life trippy music-video experience, in the comfort of a warm bay. Kayaks included. Enjoyable in many ways.
- Make and eat fresh guacamole. Seriously, it’s not that hard.
- Meet the locals who roam the beaches. Lookout for an especially great man who goes by the name of CreAtion. He’s awesome, send our best if you do have the pleasure. And buy some art while you’re at it.
- Get stuck on a smaller island, in the middle of nowhere, without a spare tire. especially not after fun-times at the bio-bay.
- Waste too much time by a hotel pool in San Juan.